Agriculture & Livestock
Appropriations - S/C on Article II
Appropriations - S/C on Article III
Appropriations - S/C on Articles I, IV & V
Appropriations - S/C on Articles VI, VII & VIII
Appropriations - S/C on Budget Transparency & Reform
Business & Industry
Culture, Recreation & Tourism
Defense & Veterans' Affairs
Economic & Small Business Development
Economic & Small Business Development-S/C on Small Business
Economic Competitiveness, Select
General Investigating & Ethics
Government Transparency & Operation
Higher Education-S/C on Post-Secondary & Workforce Readiness
Homeland Security & Public Safety
International Trade & Intergovernmental Affairs
Investments & Financial Services
Investments & Financial Services-S/C on Bond Indebtedness
Judiciary & Civil Jurisprudence
Juvenile Justice & Family Issues
Land & Resource Management
Licensing & Administrative Procedures
Local & Consent Calendars
Natural Resources-S/C on Special Water Districts
Opioids & Substance Abuse, Select
Public Education-S/C on Educator Quality
Rules & Resolutions
Special Purpose Districts
State & Federal Power & Responsibility, Select
Texas Ports, Innovation & Infrastructure, Select
Transportation-S/C on Long-term Infrastructure Planning
Ways & Means
- Joint Committees
Coastal Barrier System
Health & Human Services Transition, Oversight
Higher Education Formula Funding, Interim
Partnership Advisory Commission
State Water Implementation Fund for Texas Advisory
Read our 2017 Report Card for Aderholt.
Aderholt is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Aderholt has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Aderholt sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Appropriations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Aderholt was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3049 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
- H.R. 2410 (113th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2014
- H.R. 6582 (112th): American Energy Manufacturing Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 2017 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
- H.R. 4806 (106th): To designate the Federal building located at 1710 Alabama Avenue in Jasper, Alabama, as the “Carl Elliott Federal Building”.
View All »
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Aderholt sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (36%)Agriculture and Food (27%)Health (18%)Science, Technology, Communications (18%)
Some of Aderholt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 101: Providing for a joint session of Congress to receive a message from the ...
- H.R. 3268: Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2018
- H.Con.Res. 26: To express the sense of Congress that the first launch of the Space ...
- H.R. 5054 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, ...
- H.R. 4540 (114th): SNAP Empowerment and Accountability Act of 2016
- H.R. 3597 (114th): Medicaid Qualified Providers Clarification Act
- H.R. 3049 (114th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, ...
View All » | View Cosponsors »
|Aderholt’s Vote||Vote Description|
|No||S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...|
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
|Nay||S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016|
Jul 6, 2016. Passed 369/53.
The Global Food Security Act of 2016 (Pub.L. 114–195), is a law introduced on March 24, 2015 in the 114th Congress by Representative Christopher Henry "Chris" Smith (New Jersey-R) and on May 7, 2015 by Senator Robert Patrick "Bob" Casey Jr. (Pennsylvania-D), and signed by ...
|Aye||H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II|
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
|No||H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act|
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
|Yea||H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015|
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
|Yea||H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015|
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
|Aye||H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015|
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
|Nay||S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act|
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
|No||H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act|
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
|Nay||H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.|
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1997 to Mar 2018, Aderholt missed 380 of 14,309 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
Show the numbers...
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Robert Aderholt is pronounced:
RO-bert // A-der-hohlt
The letters stand for sounds according to the following table:
|Letter||Sounds As In|
Capital letters indicate a stressed syllable.