Alice Smith School offers Sixth Form Scholarships
The Alice Smith School is pleased to offer a limited number of Reach for the Stars Scholarship open to all SPM and (I)GCSE students. Benefits include up to 50% reduction in tuition fees in addition to the waiver of enrolment fee and building fund contribution worth RM25,000. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity! Apply now.
The underlying aim of these partial scholarship is to make Sixth Form study at the school more accessible to students who have the desire, drive and ambition to study in a truly diverse, dynamic and caring community, learning with exceptional teachers and with students from over 45 different nations.
Click here to experience the life of our Sixth Formers and click here to know more about the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Criteria
Scholarships offered will be based on merit, with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic ability.
- Demonstrated outstanding talent in the performing Arts or in Sport.
- Characteristics expected of an Alice Smith School student, not only in terms of their studies, but also in their all round contribution to their school and the wider community.
- Potential to be a worthy ambassador for the Alice Smith School.
- English language ability.
Duration of the Scholarship
The maximum length of each scholarship will be two years (the duration for A level studies in the Sixth Form).
How to Apply for Entry
The Reach for the Stars Scholarship is a partial scholarship.
- Your 400 word personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Alice Smith School why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar.
- You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to a British A-level course and the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You also need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and other interests. You can include photographs or other electronic media with your personal statement.
All applications must be submitted by no later than Wednesday, 14th June 2017. For enquiries, please contact Nazira at [email protected] or Agnes/Fidah at [email protected]
Ms Nazira Aziz
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email: [email protected]
These are the documents required to apply for the Reach for the Stars Scholarship:
- Completed application form (hand written).
- A typed personal statement of no more than 400 words.
- A copy of your SPM or I/GCSE forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts, or community service.
The Layne Beachley Foundation offers scholarships nationally to girls and women striving to fulfil their potential in a chosen field of pursuit, whilst becoming a beacon in their community for motivation and inspiration. Over the last 12 years we've have proudly granted over 400 scholarships to girls and women across a broad range of pursuits - including leadership and business, sport, culture and community development, science and technology, the arts and environment and sustainability. Scholarship holders receive a variable grant of $4,000 - $6,000, in addition to access to leadership workshops, a dedicated mentor and the Stars2 Leaders toolkit.
Important datesOpens: 12-10-2016Closes: 24-11-2016
- Females, 12 years of age and above at 31/01/2017 – upper age is open
- Females who have initiative and passion and are committed to achieving a dream in their field of choice.
Scholarship Fields of Pursuit
- Arts, Music and Entertainment
- Business, Leadership and Community (includes any person undertaking academic study)
- Science technology and Innovation
- Environment and Sustainability
As well as receiving a $4,000 grant recipients will also have access to:
- Two day Leadership Workshop in Sydney (domestic flights and accommodation provided)
- A dedicated mentor for monthly one-to-one sessions
- Stars2Leaders tool kit, which includes a series expert interviews around the topics of goal setting, resilience and financial planning as well as online resources plus snippets of inspiration from Layne and our Alumni to keep you focused.
Scholarships will be awarded, at the discretion of the Foundation, to applicants who best demonstrate their aspirations to succeed in their chosen pursuit and how financial and moral support would further their education or personal development and the community.
Website and online applications: www.aimforthestars.com.au